We’ve all had those days when the last thing we need is something breaking, especially an essential part of your car! You need not worry, we’ve found some great tips and tricks to help you decide how to fix that pesky broken tail-light. If you plan on doing it yourself, we’ve got you covered.
Estimated Time: 15-20 minutes
- First you are going to need a list of appropriate tools: sockets, wrenches, a screwdriver, a ratchet wrench, and potentially other elements, depending on your vehicle’s condition, make, model, etc. Also gloves can come in handy.
- Go into the cargo/trunk space and remove the cover over the tail-light and turn signal. Once that cover is removed you can then safely and carefully remove the bulb. Be cautious of broken glass and be careful that the bulb is not too hot to touch.
- You can remove the cover by either twisting it off or using a wrench or screwdriver.
- After replacing the new tail-light test it to see if it works.
- Refer to your car’s handbook for any needed instructions
You can find used tail-lights at R.H. Willson-Used Auto Parts, where our employees will be more than willing to lend a helping hand.